Giant PuppetsCome to Mahane Yehuda Market!
In 2010, the Theater assembled a community group made up of participants of different ages and diverse skills to construct giant puppets as part of the project entitled, “Giant Puppets Come to Mahane Yehuda Market.”
This was a dramatic, musical, charming, romantic and festive event featuring puppets over five meters tall, accompanied by the brass band Marsh Dondurma.
The project was inspired by Mahane Yehuda itself, with the puppets made from market materials, for display in the heart of the market.
The event was held free of charge as part of the 2010 International Festival of Puppet Theater.
- Guidance and direction: Adam Yakin
- Project development and curators: Dalia Yaffe Maayan and Dr. Naomi Yoeli
- Assistant instructors: Avraham Yakin, Tammy Wurzeger Idan, Shiri Breuer
- Group participants, giant puppet creators and operators: Or Avrahami, Itamar Strauss, Amitai Stern, Esther Azoulay, Gloria Cohen, Dudu Penso, Dorian Levin, Daphna Gutman, Ziva Lotem, Chaya Shiloh, Yuval Avni, Yonatan Arnon, Yael Hershkovitz, Liora Meron, Liron Levin, Meital Gueta, Mira Goldenberg, Michelle Bubis, Maayan Selma, Noa Stavi-Rave, Nechama Sibolist, Natalia Levitsky, Nitzan Livneh, Simi Mehudar-Gershon, Ami Ikan, Inbal Perel, Inbal Tamir, Anat Ivgi, Pam Valdbaum, Rachel Wurzberg, Sarah Sela, Sharon Mandelbaum
- Live music: Marsh Dondurma
- Documentation: Stephanie Illouz
- Event decorations: Nahlaot residents, under the guidance of Miryam Salzberg and Einat Amir